Tuesday, April 14, 2009

When Your Wallet Speaks . . .


For some reason, I seem fascinated by people’s wallets. Any article referencing wallets or featuring a photo of one is an automatic hook for me: I have to stop and read. Perhaps it’s because when it comes to money, it doesn’t get much more personal than our own wallets.

Recently, I posted a short piece on things you definitely don’t want in your wallet. Today, here’s another take on the wallet and what it says about your money: Bankrate.com’s look at What Your Wallet Says About You.

Turns out how you handle your cash may reveal more than a little about you and money. Are you a cash crumpler? Receipt collector? Obsessive organizer? ATM addict? Compulsive credit carder?

Take a look and you may be surprised at what you find. More likely than not, you’ll see yourself in one or more of these profiles. Or maybe your habits suggest a new one altogether.

For my part, I’m definitely the “receipt collector”. There’s even a special section reserved in my wallet – and then my desk drawer – for all those business receipts. But for whatever reason, I rarely get beyond the collection step – maybe a subtle way of convincing myself I’m on top of things even when I’m not. Definitely something to think about . . . tomorrow, maybe.

No comments: